GoTo in Malta is looking to recruit a Senior HR Executive
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will take responsibility for the day to day administrative function of the HR unit and take responsibility for the execution and implementation of the human resources strategy across the Company.
GoTo Malta is Malta’s leading vehicle sharing company and provides residents and visitors with a green transportation alternative that relieves congestion, creates more parking space availability, reduces air pollution levels, promotes the development of the electric vehicles market, and most importantly, saves the individual’s cost for transportation. The cars and scooters are driven by each member from a designated parking space and are paid for on a per-minute, per-hour, and/or per- kilometre basis. GoTo Malta is available as iOS and Android apps.
Reporting to the Company CEO with a dotted line to the Debono Group Director of People, the Senior HR Executive will be responsible for:
- Constructing and regularly monitoring and reviewing the HR strategy and related action plans to ensure achievement of strategic objectives;
- Developing and implementing policies, rules, guidelines, manuals, procedures, processes, and workflows and ensuring compliance with GDPR;
- Focus on current and future business needs through development, engagement, motivation and
- preservation of human capitals;
- Gathering, processing, and analysing employee-related data and present regular HR reports and statistics for internal and external stakeholders;
- Developing proposals for the improvement of HR Services/procedures; ensuring policies and procedures are reviewed and updated frequently;
- Advising Senior Management on HR Matters and labor-related developments and labor law;
- Overseeing and managing the performance appraisal system;
- Managing the recruitment and selection process including issuing of vacancies, shortlisting, involvement in interviews, finalizing job offers, and onboarding/offboarding processes;
- Managing the payroll process, conducting monthly payroll calculations;
- Creating an annual budget for the HR Department;
- Involvement in HR Audit;
- Maintaining up to date records such as employee files, employee agreements, employee lists, etc.
- Develop and implement Employee Engagement surveys, carry out analysis of findings, and present report to a direct superior;
- Organising suitable team building activities;
- Co-ordinating training and development for Employees, filling in and completing documentation, taking care of logistics as well as setting up training groups and informing employees of training in advance;
- Monitoring on a quarterly basis vacation leave balances;
- Creating induction schedules for new recruits;
- Suggesting recommendations for process improvements or initiatives adequate to the workforce in line with the HR Strategy;
- Perform any additional duties that may be assigned from time to time.
The selected candidates shall possess:
- At least 3 years previous experience in a similar pressurized environment and role;
- Experience in administration of payroll will be considered an asset;
- In depth knowledge of HR Best Practices and Employment Law;
- Knowledge of HR Systems and databases
- Highly computer literate with ability to use Microsoft office tools;
- Excellent analytical and reporting writing skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English;
- Familiarity with reporting and presentation techniques.
- An effective and motivational communicator
- Possesses a flair for people
*The Senior HR Executive will be required to work on a full-time reduced basis of 30 hours per week.
Car Sharing Services Malta Limited (GoTo):
GoTo Malta is the national car-sharing scheme in Malta and Gozo which provides residents and visitors with a green transportation alternative that relieves congestion, creates more parking spaces, reduces air pollution levels, promotes the development of electric vehicles market, and most importantly, saves the individual’s cost for transportation. The cars are self-driven by paid members from a designated, exclusive public car-space to another space paying a per-minute or hourly fee which includes electricity charge, reserved parking spots, insurance, and a Valletta CVA fee. GoTo Malta is available as iOS and Android apps, plus a desktop site. The app, which serves as a key to unlock the car, walks the user through the process of opening the vehicle, navigating the driver to the available parking near the user's destination and ending the trip. GoTo Malta is part of Debono Group, a long-established, multi-faceted group of companies operating in the field of the mobility of goods and people. Debono Group offers a dynamic, fun, diverse and respectful environment that focuses on bringing innovation to the urban lifestyle.