American University of Malta is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Human Resources Assistant
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be an individual who is passionate about operational excellence to assist in the delivery of the day-to-day HR services to AUM colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Requirements:
- Assisting the HR Business Partner in the running of the HR Function;
- Assisting in the day-to-day HR administrative activities including payroll and absence management;
- Maintaining and updating HR databases;
- Updating policies and procedures as directed by the line manager;
- Assisting in the coordination of the recruitment process;
- Schedule meetings, interviews and maintain agendas;
- Managing renewals of work permits and contracts;
- Coordinating the onboarding of new employees;
- Creation of employee files and collation of onboarding documentation;
- Dealing with, and following up on, employee queries;
- Assisting in the coordination of training activities;
- Support in coordination and organisation of social activities for employees;
- Assist in other general HR duties as required by the Management.
American University of Malta:
The American University of Malta educates a diverse student body to become ethically responsible global citizens, critical thinkers, and future leaders in an academically challenging learning environment. AUM strives constantly to innovate and enhance quality in teaching, research, public service and economic development. The American University of Malta is a private, American-style liberal arts university dedicated to higher education and research for an international community at the highest standard. Our degree programs, research activities, and service to the community transform lives and serve society by educating ethically knowledgeable citizens, creating knowledge, and putting knowledge to work in a global setting.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar HR role including Payroll;
- Preferably in possession of an HR Diploma or equivalent;
- A team player and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Knowledgeable in Maltese employment law and practices;
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Good communication skills both written and verbal;
- Fluency in written and spoken English.