AquaBioTech Group in Malta is looking to recruit a qualified Human Resources Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate for undertaking the management and development of the Human Resources Department. The role is demanding and requires the candidate to also take on the responsibilities of the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and Environmental Management System (EMS). We are seeking a person with experience of managing an international team of staff that come from over twenty countries and continue the rapid recruitment of additional professional personnel over the coming years. The candidate should be a clear communicator, fluent in written and spoken English.
Synopsis of the position offered:
The responsibilities of the selected candidate are divided into a number of different areas of work, although briefly described as undertaking the development and management of the company’s human resources department. In addition to the traditional HR role, the company also assigns all of the OHS and first aid training to the HR department. The successful candidate will be responsible for devising corporate plans for a variety of Human Resource actions while overseeing all HR initiatives, strategies and systems.
These may include, but are not limited to:
- Continuous assessment of the Human Resource requirements of the company relative to the expansion of work and new business areas;
- Updating of job requirements and job descriptions for all positions in the company as the workflow evolves;
- Preparation of all new job descriptions for advertising and promotion, undertaken in conjunction with the business development director;
- Oversight of the screening and selection process and the various stages of the interview process;
- Supporting the human factor in the company by developing strategies for performance evaluation, recruitment, internal training and development as well as negotiating and managing contract agreements;
- Maintaining legal and internal compliance procedures;
- Updating policies and procedures, complying with national, international and industry-wide regulations, including developing recommendations for industry-wide consultation;
- Management checks of the monthly payroll procedure in conjunction with the finance department
- The candidate will also oversee managing the Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) and Environmental Management System (EMS) requirements of the company. This work includes the regular undertaking of risk assessments, emergency evacuation procedures, safety training, internal OHS and EMS audits.
This position is demanding, requiring a person who is highly motivated and self-organised. The candidate will need to be diligent and firm, with a keen sense of ethics while dealing with sensitive/confidential information. The candidate must also be able to follow company policies and procedures, as well as establishing clear and concise HR objectives in line with the overall company road map. The individual must possess a strong sense of self and the ability to make decisions and take action; being prepared to work in isolated and in multi-functional projects in conjunction with a team of international staff based at our head office in Malta, but also with our staff based in other countries.
- A successful candidate is likely to have a solid background in Human Resource Management with at least a B.Sc. in human resources, business administration or another relevant field; and preferably an M.Sc./M.A. in Human Resource Management and have at least four (4) years’ experience in an HR role at a company that has an international team of staff.
- The successful candidate will be offered a long-term, fixed-term contract with the company. The selected candidate will have to speak and write English fluently, ideally Maltese, but not essential.
- The selected candidate must have a clear passport with no travel restrictions, no legal convictions held at any time and are in possession of a clean driving licence.
The successful candidate will be offered a long-term, fixed-term contract with the company. The starting package offered for this position will be structured largely upon the chosen candidate, reflecting the experience the candidate brings to the company, but also in line with the cost of living in Malta and could include an accommodation package if required.
The AquaBioTech Group is an international consulting company strategically located in the centre of the Mediterranean on the island of Malta, although operating globally with clients and projects in over fifty-five countries. The AquaBioTech Group undertakes a variety of aquaculture, fisheries and aquatic environmental projects through its regional offices and selected partners throughout the world. The vast majority of the company’s work is related to the marine or aquatic environment, encompassing aquaculture developments, market research/intelligence, through to project feasibility assessments, finance acquisition, project management, technology sourcing and technical support and training.