Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Housekeeping Supervisor
to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, the Housekeeping Supervisor
is responsible for leading our team of room attendants and ensure we provide excellent customer service.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness;
- Coordinate work activities among departments;
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies;
- Educate housekeeping staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards;
- Examine the property to determine the need for repairs or replacement of furniture and/ or equipment;
- Investigate and address complaints regarding poor housekeeping service;
- Maintain an inventory of cleaning supplies;
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock;
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that might occur;
- Oversee staff performance on a daily basis;
- Prepare work assignments in an effective manner;
- Perform various cleaning duties in instances of staff shortages;
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence;
- Train room attendants on cleaning and maintenance tasks.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products;
- Ability to work to deadlines, with changing priorities and whilst remaining calm under pressure;
- Able to work various shifts, including evenings, public holidays and weekends;
- Excellent organizational and team management skills;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to get along well with co-workers and customers/clients;
- Must be proactive in carrying out assigned duties;
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem-solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction.