Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Housekeeping Supervisor
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Housekeeping Supervisor
will assist the Executive Housekeeper in leading our team of room attendants and ensure we provide excellent customer service.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Be attentive to detail, friendly, courteous and service oriented;
- Check rooms and common areas, including stairways and lounge areas, for cleanliness;
- Coordinate work activities among departments;
- Ensure compliance with safety and sanitation policies in all areas;
- Establish and educate staff on cleanliness, tidiness and hygiene standards;
- Examine building to determine the need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management;
- Issue supplies and equipment to workers;
- Monitor and replenish cleaning products stock including floor cleaner, bleach and rubber gloves;
- Motivate team members and resolve any issues that occur on the job;
- Oversee staff performance on a daily basis;
- Obtain a list of rooms to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs or discharges to prepare work assignments;
- Perform other related duties, as assigned from time to time;
- Respond to customer complaints and special requests;
- Schedule shifts and arrange for replacements in cases of absence;
- Train housekeepers on cleaning and maintenance tasks.
Hugo Chetcuti is the visionary behind Hugo’s Group. He started back in the 1980s when he opened his first music club in Paceville, St Julian’s. Today he owns various pubs, restaurants and entertainment places which give a major contribution towards the Maltese nightlife and entertainment industry. Hugo’s Group Company’s portfolio will expand further within the hotel industry with the opening of its first two Hotels in St. Julian’s. With the birth of Hugo’s Hotels, the Hugo’s Group will bring an unprecedented standard of hospitality in its class that will set new standards in the hospitality industry.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to use industrial cleaning equipment and products;
- Ability to work to deadlines, with changing priorities and whilst remaining calm under pressure;
- Able to work various shifts, including evenings, public holidays and weekends;
- Excellent organizational and team management skills;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills to be able to get along well with co-workers and customers/clients;
- Must be proactive in carrying out assigned duties;
- Proactive approach, with exceptional initiative and problem-solving abilities to ensure the highest levels of productivity and guest satisfaction;
- Stamina to handle the physical demands of the job.