Hugo's Group in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Chef Pizzaiolo to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Chef Pizzaiolo must be professional and ready to amaze the patrons of our establishment with excellent cooking according to the chef’s recipes and specifications.
- Cook appetizers including but not limited to pizza bites and bread;
- Develop and follow recipes, portion controls, and presentation specification as set by the Group Executive Chef;
- Maintain a clean and sanitized kitchen, ensuring that any repair or further maintenance needs are communicated to the Group Executive Chef;
- Monitor stock levels, and communicate low food level situations to the Group Executive Chef;
- Prepare pizzas out of our menu and based on custom orders;
- Prepare pizza dough according to recipes, and ensure that it is properly stored to set;
- Rotate food items in a timely manner, ensuring that they remain fresh, and dispose any near expiry, or expired items as per company policy;
- Recommend new recipes to update our menus;
- Strive to develop high quality, innovative and creative pizza menu offerings for our guests;
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required.
Qualifications and Assets:
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to work a variable shift pattern;
- Ability to work to deadlines, with changing priorities and whilst remaining calm under pressure;
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills;
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure;
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment, and processes;
- Good communication skills, with the ability to relate well with others;
- Self-motivated and an ability to work without close supervision and a tolerance of dealing with routine problems;
- Culinary school diploma would be considered an asset.