InterContinental Malta is looking to recruit an Events Sales Executive to join their team on a full-time basis.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Conference & Banqueting Sales, in and within the limits of established Corporate/Sales policies and procedures, the Events Sales Executive has direct responsibility for managing all incoming business in relation to Events and to ensure that service excellence is delivered at all times. Key emphasis of this role is to drive the Events Strategy ensuring leadership and encouragement to the Events & Events Operations team in order to meet and exceed our guests’ expectations and enhancing our reputation for excellence. To maximize revenues and customer satisfaction. Key areas of emphasis include revenue generation ensuring maximum yield, expense management and demand creation.
Within this role, you will be required to:
- Participate in the production and implementation of action plans to ensure revenue plan objectives are achieved;
- Analyse current and potential markets/trends and, together with the Director of Conference and Banqueting coordinates all activities to maintain and increase revenue through the added business volume;
- Provide feedback to the Director of Conference and Banqueting on changing marketing conditions, including trends in the competition;
- Ensure administrative work is up-to-date, this includes, but is not exclusive to, the maintenance of files on all events; the ongoing usage and maintenance of the hotel’s PMS in line with company policy and procedure;
- Produce monthly sales reports and forecasts;
- Attend and actively participates in events, sales, revenue and group meetings;
- Meet and entertains guests and clients on a regular basis to establish and maintain good business relationships and ensure customer satisfaction;
- Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community;
- Establish and maintains effective employee relations;
- Attend Hotel’s training as deemed suitable by the DOSM;
- Contributes towards other hotel activities as appropriate;
- Implement the hotel’s events sales processes, duties include but are not exclusive to, event-related requests for proposal, follow-ups, negotiation and contracting of event-related business;
- Coordinate all in-house group and event-related activities, duties include but are not exclusive to, the ad-hoc management of in-house group movement, the issuing of the hotel’s Banquet;
- Event Orders, the chairing of weekly events meetings;
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned, which includes but is not limited to, limited ad-hoc local and international trips as required.
*You may be required to work weekends, and/or holidays.
- A Hospitality College diploma or equivalent, plus one to two years experience within a similar position within a hotel of similar size and complexity;
- The ideal candidate must have excellent communication, organisational and decision-making skills, personal presentation and awareness of the highest standards of service are essential for this role;
- Knowledge of Opera is highly regarded.
What Do You Get?
In return, we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work and develop with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you the room to be yourself.
Situated in the exclusive beachside resort of St Julian's, InterContinental Malta is just seven kilometres from Valletta, Malta's capital city, and within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping and entertainment locations. Unwind by our lagoon styled outdoor pool, or simply enjoy a day at our private sandy beach.