The Qawra Palace Hotel in Malta is looking to recruit a Pastry Chef on a full-time basis to join their team. As a Pastry Chef, you’re responsible for operating the pastry section of the kitchen while working closely with the Executive Pastry Chef. Responsible to create high quality pastry dishes with the standard recipes and presentations in order to maintain quality standards and consistency of product. Also, assist in the production and maintenance of par stocks of pastry and dessert with proper rotation of products and maintain the highest cleanliness and hygiene standard in the pastry and bakery section.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all day-to-day operations of the pastry and bakery section of the kitchen;
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cake, cookies, and pies, bread etc. following traditional and modern recipes;
- Able to develop, designs or creates new ideas and items for Pastry Kitchen;
- Create new and exciting desserts to renew hotels menus and engage the interest of customers;
- Decorate pastries and desserts using different types of icing, toppings, etc. and ensure the food presentation will be beautiful and exciting;
- Assist in determining how food should be presented and creates decorative food displays;
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with coworkers efficiently and effectively;
- Maintains cleanliness and organization in all work areas;
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect and cooperation among team members;
- Ensure compliance with food hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
- Good knowledge of different types of pastry, dessert, cake decorating;
- Possess professional disposition with good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work day shifts including weekends;
- Min of 2 years of experience in pastry cooking or Pastry Chef Position.
*An attractive salary is being offered.
Qawra Palace Hotel:
The Qawra Palace Hotel is hospitality ownership managed by the Vella family, with the most welcoming management and staff who provide their customers with efficient and pleasant service. The four-star rated hotel offers exceptional service to an elite clientele. The semi-modern décor grants a warm attachment. The panoramic view of Salina Bay and the ample promenade is a bonus to the hotel’s room view. Only 30 minutes away from the airport and is situated in the most prime area of St. Paul’s Bay/ Bugibba. The town of St.Paul’s Bay is only a stone throw away. “Il-Gzejjer” (St. Paul’s Island – the initial location of St. Paul’s shipwreck) is simply a short distance boat ride. This hotel offers ample facilities together with a comfortable, relaxed and friendly atmosphere. This is the perfect hotel for families and couples of all ages that are in search of a central location, with a good range of facilities close by. There are many shops, bars and restaurants in the immediate vicinity and it is but a short walk to Bugibba and St. Paul’s Bay for a wider choice.