Grand Hotel Excelsior, one of the leading five-star hotels on the Maltese Islands, is looking to recruit a highly motivated Events Executive
to join its expanding Events department on a full-time basis. The selected individual will be responsible for liaising with customers to determine their needs for a successful event and will strive to create memorable guest experiences whilst generating revenue for the company.
An Events Executive
is in charge of the planning of an event. The candidates plan anything from weddings to conferences, to important meetings to banquets. They are responsible for the logistics and the running of any event and making sure that the client's ideas and requests are met.
- Handling requests and drafting proposals, Performing show-around of the hotel and discussing clients needs and expectations for their events;
- Ensuring that any event bookings are updated in the system;
- Ensuring the smooth running of events whilst adhering to the departments & hotels policy;
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients & suppliers, whilst liaising relevant requirements on their behalf;
- Having a Positive proactive attitude toward any situations that may arise;
- Contributing to achieving budget goals.
Grand Hotel Excelsior:
GrandHotelExcelsior. As the premier destination among 5-star Valletta hotels, the Grand Hotel Excelsior is ideally located on the doorstep of a UNESCO World Heritage Site – the Capital City of Valletta, with all its major attractions, culture, art treasures, and historical architectural gems. This acclaimed Valletta Malta hotel prides itself in providing the discerning traveller with magnificent accommodation, breathtaking views of Marsamxett Harbour and Manoel Island, state-of-the-art meeting rooms, and unforgettable dining experience. Its central position allows for easy travel to all parts of the Maltese islands.
- Experience within a similar role, preferably in a five-star environment;
- Knowledge of hotel operations will be considered an asset;
- Recognised qualifications related to hotel/ events management will be considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills, command of English and another language, both written and verbal;
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills;
- A passion for dealing with people & customer services
- The ability to lead and is highly motivated.
- The ability to work under pressure set priorities and meet deadlines;
- The ability to work flexible hours;
- The ability to effectively build and maintain relations with new and existing clients.