Solana Hotel and Spa in Malta is looking to recruit a Senior Chef De Partie
to join their team on a full time basis and with an immediate start. Reporting to the Sous Chef/Head Chef, this position's primary responsibility is that of ensuring day to day main kitchen / a la carte operations are catered for effectively.
The position incorporates the responsibility of ensuring that the overall offering is at par with the organizational standards and also the responsibility of Commis Chefs, in the absence of the Sous Chefs and Head Chef.
The Chef De Partie – A La Carte/Main Kitchen is responsible for the daily activities of the section including menu development for the various functions of the hotel group, inventory of supplies, and cost control. The Chef De Partie – A La Carte/Main Kitchen is also responsible for the production and presentation of new ideas in food offering within the section assigned to him.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Assists the Sous Chef/Head Chef in managing the section operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest of standards;
- Preserves excellent levels of internal and external levels of communication, while identifying both hotels’ and customers’ needs and responds proactively to their requirements;
- Provides a two way communication and nurture an ownership environment with an emphasis on motivation and teamwork;
- Works closely with the Sous Chef/Head Chef to ensure correct stock levels are maintained within the section buffer stores to operate effectively, assisting in report analysis on stock and sales, while highlighting and acting upon any anomalies;
- Required to operate within efficient labour budgets, maintaining full flexibility at all times, with the intent of meeting demand effectively;
- Reviews on a regular basis the product range to ensure that all key quality standards are maintained, being also conversant with the latest trends in food nutrition;
- Assists in the planning and implementation of new ideas and menu specifications each season, including those related to banqueting and special events, working closely with the Sous Chef/Head Chef, ensuring same fit within the budget guidelines and are within quality standards established;
- Represents the department on Special Events or as required by the organisational exigencies;
- In tandem with the Sous Chef/Head Chef, manages Health & Safety and Food Hygiene, ensuring that strict compliance with the legislation is maintained;
- Actions reports received through the external HACCP consultant and other similar auditors;
- Maintains a confident and mature approach, while practicing tact and diplomacy;
- Performs other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as determined by both the line manager and organisational needs, while providing an environment of openness and trust, with constant feedback and performance coaching.
The Remuneration offered will be negotiated according to the individual’s level of experience within such a position.
Solana Hotel and Spa:
The newly rebranded and refurbished Solana Hotel & Spa is a quality renowned 4-star Hotel situated in the northern part of the island of Malta. The property is run by the G3 Group.