Thomas Franks Malta Ltd has an excellent opportunity for a creative, effective and experienced Chef de Partie
to join their Catering Team on a full-time basis.
Duties of the role include:
- 40 per week over 5 straight shifts.
- Prepare all Food service areas for the day’s business relating to that meal service;
- Ensure that the prompt service of all meals and service at all times to the company/client’s standards;
- To ensure that the methods of preparation and presentation comply with company expectations;
- Prepare, set-up, serve, clear, clean and store away any food, beverage or equipment required for daily service;
- Prepare all food for sale/service, following good hygiene and safety practices and to the standard specified;
- Restock and replenish stocks and consumables as required during service periods, pre-empt customer needs and achieve optimum customer service delivery;
- Keep the Front of the house informed of any food running out and pre-empt any delays in the customer waiting;
- Complete all/any necessary cleaning/hygiene duties;
- Serve customers, visitors and guest in line with company and client service standards and expectations;
- Empty, remove and store rubbish/recycle rubbish in the correct place;
- To assist in the preparation and placing of orders;
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in line with current health & safety regulations;
- To ensure all area in the Kitchen are left in a clean state at the end of each shift;
- To attend meetings and training courses as required;
- Notify the head chef of stock movements to ensure all products are ordered for forthcoming menus.
Key personal skills and attributes:
- Ensure attendance to all staff meetings as required;
- Ensure that all policies and procedural requirements of both legislation and company are adhered to in order to promote a professional and flexible approach at all times;
- Ensure that the correct uniform is worn neatly and cleanly at all times;
- To ensure the personal presentation is of the highest standard at all times;
- Ensure all necessary checks are carried out in the service and associated areas for food temperatures;
- Carry out all reasonable request of the management;
- As required provide cover for other staff during periods of absence;
- Be conscientious with regard to Health & Safety and report any hazards to the Head Chef or Location manager.
- Team working abilities, listening skills, the ability to work on own initiative, impeccable personal presentation, hygiene and behaviour to others, Food hygiene certificate preferred;
- The ability to be adaptable and be as flexible as necessary;
- Reliable, Honest and able to demonstrate an open attentive approach to customer service;
- Willingness to learn new skills and take some responsibility;
- Ability to manage some moderately heavy lifting, carrying, and pushing.
- Must be fluent in English;
- Applicants must be residing in Malta and possess a valid working permit.
Thomas Franks pride themselves on delivering exceptional standards coupled with a real passion for excellent food, outstanding service and fresh thinking, goodwill and a consistent smile. If you to have pride in your abilities, a desire to prove that you are one of the best and if your standards meet with ours, we would love you to join our vibrant fresh food company.
Thomas Franks Malta Ltd:
Founded on the principles of honesty, trust and loyalty. Our clients define our business and we support them by creating exceptional food and brilliant service with our family of creative and dedicated staff. The freshest possible food is provided from our trusted local and regional suppliers.