Grand Hotel Excelsior, one of the leading five-star hotels on the Maltese Islands, is looking to recruit a highly motivated Events Executive
on a full-time basis to join its expanding Events department. The selected individual will be responsible for liaising with customers to determine their needs for a successful event, and will strive to create memorable guest experiences whilst generating revenue for the company.
- Handling requests and drafting proposals;
- Performing show-around of hotel facilities to prospective clients, and discussing their needs and expectations for their events;
- Ensuring that function bookings are updated in the system and monitoring requests;
- Liaising with all hotel departments on client requirements;
- Ensuring the smooth running of events;
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients.
Grand Hotel Excelsior:
As the premier destination among 5-star Valletta hotels, the Grand Hotel Excelsior is ideally located on the doorstep of a UNESCO World Heritage Site – the Capital City of Valletta, with all its major attractions, culture, art treasures, and historical architectural gems. This acclaimed Valletta Malta hotel prides itself in providing the discerning traveller with magnificent accommodation, breathtaking views of Marsamxett Harbour and Manoel Island, state-of-the-art meeting rooms, and unforgettable dining experience. Its central position allows for easy travel to all parts of the Maltese islands.
- Experience within a similar role, preferably in a five-star environment;
- Knowledge of hotel operations will be considered an asset;
- Recognised qualifications related to hotel/ events management will be considered an asset;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent command of English and another language, both written and verbal;
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills;
- A passion for excellence in customer service;
- The ability to work under pressure set priorities and meet deadlines;
- The ability to work flexible hours;
- The ability to effectively build and maintain relations with new and existing clients.