AX The Palace in Malta is looking to recruit a Concierge to join their team on a full-time basis.
Provides functional assistance and direction to the Front Office operation as assigned. Interacts with guests as well as individuals outside the Hotel including but not limited to travel industry representatives, competitors, suppliers, contractors and other members of the local community.
- To know the standards and put them into practice in his/her daily work, thus actively pursuing the hotel’s objectives;
- To become familiar with all work sequences within the Front Office / Concierge Department;
- To take full control of the lobby area and port couch;
- To be available for guests at all times as a point of contact and co-responsibility for appropriate treatment of guest complaints, passing on and documenting such complaints;
- Maintain regular contact with in-house guests;
- To be familiar with all room types and the room facilities;
- To ensure smooth day to day running of the operation;
- To attend all departmental meetings;
- To assist Front Desk Agent / Porter with their duties;
- To be flexible in working hours according to the department requirements;
- To promote Inter-Hotel sales and in-House facilities;
- To participate in any training courses deemed necessary and put the skills learned, into practice;
- To inspect the front of the house and back of the house regularly for cleanliness;
- To carry luggage to and from guest rooms;
- To assist in loading and unloading luggage to and from vehicles;
- To ensure efficient communication between all departments and uniformed services;
- To provide transportation and other services offered by the Hotel which require outside assistance;
- To arrange car rentals, tickets, faxes, and all guest rentals;
- To provide guests with information on outside facilities;
- To cover Doorman duties;
- Arrange to meet guests at the airport when necessary;
- To be responsible for the receipt, storage, of luggage for guests;
- Have an understanding of Opera;
- Arrange for outside errands requested by guests. Handle all guests’ services, such as mail, keys, postage, messages, courier packages, and paging;
- Ensures that the standard telephone procedure is adhered to.
- Outgoing personality and smart appearance;
- Secondary Level of Education;
- Fluent in English and any other European language;
- Outstanding verbal communication skills;
- Computer literate;
- Flexible in hours;
- Previous experience and knowledge about Malta and its history will be considered an asset.
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed C.V together with a covering letter.
AX The Palace:
The Palace Hotel in Sliema is one of the top 5 star hotels in Malta. It is highly rated for its 5-star services, exquisite cuisine, and impeccable organization and surroundings. The Palace provides top services and facilities. The Palace is an eco-leading efficient high-class hotel in Malta. It adopts a modern façade that attracts travellers and locals alike. As soon as you enter one of the top Sliema hotels in Malta, you are greeted by a world of luxury, exquisite accommodation and excellence in service.