Bacchus Co. Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Restaurant Supervisor
to join their team on a full-time basis.
- To supervise the effective operation & to ensure customer service at its best.
Key qualifications and requirements:
- Maximizing all revenue opportunities through effective teamwork and development;
- Serving all food and beverage as required by Bacchus standards and to maintain overall levels of courtesy, service and cleanliness of the food and beverage areas;
- To accept customers complaints, to be a good listener, solve such complaints in the most diplomatic way and report to management;
- To receive, warmly greet and accompany guests to their table;
- To make requisitions;
- To cooperate with chefs and the staff to obtain a fine presentation of food and beverage & to prevent unnecessary delay of service;
- To check daily the restaurant preparation, mise en place, laying of the tables, cleanliness and the availability of chinaware, crockery, cutlery and glasses; the personal cleanliness and appearance of everyone and to check that all items required for the setup of each table make sure it is clean, unspotted and in its place;
- To attend regular meetings and training when requested.
- Must be a team player & a role model to fellow staff;
- Must have experience on a supervisory level;
- Must be hands-on;
- Must be fluent in English & Maltese, other languages will be considered an asset;
- Must be well-groomed & polite;
- Must be customer-oriented.
- The position is full time and shifts may vary between lunch and dinner;
- The position may also be offered on a part-time basis and shifts may vary between lunch and dinner.
- Lead subordinates successfully into productive working methods by setting an example.
- Provide a two-way line of communication. Deal with day to day problems, including personal problems.
- Deal with proposals and suggestions from restaurant staff, report to management.
- Provide station plans, ‘on the side’ job lists, duty rosters, etc. Well in advance
- Keep all records as required (such as breakages, spillages, stock takes, inventory lists, etc.).
If you are ready for success, with the opportunity to grow, it is best to work for a company that is prepared to encourage your knowledge and talent. Your dreams, your passions and your ambitions are respected and encouraged.
Bacchus Co. Ltd:
Bacchus Restaurant was established in 1975 as a family concern and remains so today. A large, long-established restaurant within the fortifications of Mdina, Bacchus covers almost all requirements. At Bacchus we are as committed to our own staff as we are to our customers, acknowledging that our success is a direct result of their efforts. We strive to inspire people to perform better, to own and engage and to grow with us.
- It is expected, that the supervisor is fully aware of the company standards.
- The supervisor is expected to know the job descriptions.
- Ensure, that the set standards are kept, and staff work according to their respective job descriptions and time schedules.