Grand Hotel Excelsior in Malta is looking to recruit a Restaurant Host
to join their team on a full/part-time basis.
- Performing the duties corresponding to the station or area where s/he is assigned;
- Communicating with customers in a polite and courteous manner;
- Actively promoting the services and facilities of the Hotel to guests, visitors and suppliers;
- Greeting guests upon arrival at the outlet and assisting in seating in accordance with a standard;
- Handling guest complaints politely and professionally;
- Answering the outlet’s telephone within three rings, following the standard greeting;
- Distributing menus;
- Scheduling reservations;
- Inspecting stations for cleanliness and neatness;
- Presenting bills, collecting payment for service, distributing change and receipts;
- Balancing the amount of money received with the records on the sales sheet at the end of the shift.
Grand Hotel Excelsior:
The Grand Hotel Excelsior is a deluxe 5 star Spa Resort Malta situated within the sixteenth-century fortifications of Malta’s capital city, Valletta; a UNESCO World Heritage site. This Malta hotel is within walking distance of the city centre, Valletta. As one of the superior Luxury Malta hotels, it embodies quality and style and commands the island’s premier waterfront location offering breathtaking sea views of Marsamxett Harbour and Manoel Island. At the Grand Hotel Excelsior, we strive to deliver superior service quality at all times. We aim to continuously exceed expectations and encourage all our team members to offer exceptional service to each of our guests. We strongly believe in the strengths of our team members, who have made the Grand Hotel Excelsior one of the leading hotels on the Island.
- Excellent organisational skills;
- The ability to handle several tasks concurrently;
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Knowledge of the POS system will be considered an asset;
- A flair for guest service;
- Good command of English both written and verbal;
- Previous experience in a similar role will be considered an asset.