Grand Hotel Excelsior in Malta is looking to recruit a Porter/Door-Host
to join their team on a part-time basis.
- Storing luggage correctly in the Luggage Room and ensuring that all items are correctly tagged;
- Delivering luggage to guest rooms;
- Meeting and greeting guests;
- Opening doors for guests and welcoming them to the Hotel;
- Ensuring that the lobby is clean and tidy, and reporting shortcomings to the Housekeeping department;
- Directing and/or escorting guests as necessary;
- Escorting guests to their rooms;
- Checking that international flags are displayed according to standard;
- Delivering messages to guest rooms in a timely manner;
- Ensuring that daily signage is properly displayed;
- Monitoring the car park;
- Controlling parking.
Grand Hotel Excelsior:
GrandHotelExcelsior. As the premier destination among 5-star Valletta hotels, the Grand Hotel Excelsior is ideally located on the doorstep of a UNESCO World Heritage Site – the Capital City of Valletta, with all its major attractions, culture, art treasures, and historical architectural gems. This acclaimed Valletta Malta hotel prides itself in providing the discerning traveller with magnificent accommodation, breathtaking views of Marsamxett Harbour and Manoel Island, state-of-the-art meeting rooms, and an unforgettable dining experience. Its central position allows for easy travel to all parts of the Maltese islands.
- A motivated and responsible attitude;
- Good communication skills;
- Knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Good command of English and any other European language;
- Availability to work flexible hours and night shifts;
- Experience within a five-star Front Office environment will be considered an asset.