As part of the growth of the Adeera chain of restaurants, The Blu Beach Club in Malta is looking to recruit a Head Chef
to join their team on a full-time basis. Here at Blu Beach Club, our operations thrive on the commitment of colleagues who model our value for excellence in everything we do.
We are making a call of applications for individuals with a passion for food who must be hard-working, passionate and skilled, whose daily role would include:
- To manage the day to day operation;
- To report to the Executive Head Chef;
- To prepare all foodstuffs in accordance with menu recipes, quality and quantities required;
- Maintain the integrity and authenticity of recipes offered at the respective restaurant/section;
- Source authentic ingredients and or recommend substitute ingredients, if not available on the Maltese islands;
- Optimise cooking processes with attention to speed and quality;
- Maintain outlet safety at all times;
- Consistently maintain food and safety protection by ensuring that all food handling processes are compliant with HACCP food safety guidelines, regulations and procedures;
- To participate in training and development programs offered by the organisation;
- Maintain a climate of friendly cooperation;
- Work within the budgetary framework established for the department.
Blu Beach Club:
Blu Beach Club is located where the popular Tunny Net restaurant used to be, at the bottom of Marfa Hill in Mellieha, just before you reach the db Seabank Resort & Spa. Located right on the water’s edge, BluBeach Club is a unique location ideal for seaside relaxation during the day and buzzing with activity from morning till night. Every day, we are open for breakfast from 8.00 am to 11.30 am, serving a variety of delicious options including pastries, bakery, pancakes, cereals as well as traditional English breakfast. Sandwiches, bagels and wraps are also available during the day. Lunch and dinner options include a selection of starters and salads, pasta, pizza and specialities from our wood-burning oven. Our chefs take pride in sourcing the very best and freshest ingredients and cook every dish just before we serve it to your table. Oven specials include a selection of roast meats, fresh fish and vegetables, braised dishes, casseroles, pies, bread, pizza and more. The wood-burning oven’s high heat uniquely releases the ingredients’ full flavours and adds crunchy textures which are simply not achievable using other cooking methods. The oven laces the ingredients’ flavours with a subtle smoky aroma resulting in dishes which are uniquely scrumptious.
- Experience working in a kitchen environment;
- Knowledge of kitchen preparation and various dishes and cooking methods. Sound knowledge of authentic ingredients and substitute ingredients;
- Holder of a food handler licence;
- Speaks English;
- An eye for detail and a passion for food and innovation;
- Physically fit;
- Willing to work on a shift basis in a busy kitchen environment;
- Maintains a high level of personal hygiene;
- Innovate approach to developing new menu items;
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimised kitchen processes.