Luzzu Restaurant in Malta is looking to recruit a Food and Beverage Operative to join their team on a full-time basis.
To provide timely, accurate and friendly service while preparing the highest quality beverages for our guests. To maintain the highest standards and keep such standards under review in line with budgeted sales and cost levels.
- Preparation of restaurant and service of meals and beverages.
- General set up and maintenance of bar and restaurant.
- Clearing and resetting of the tables.
- Service and exceed client expectations.
- To ensure that the service is at all times performed in a professional manner and to the style as specified by the Supervisor/Manager.
- To report on duty in a timely manner (according to roster) in full uniform as per standards.
- To be fully conversant with every menu item and to provide explanations if requested.
- To communicate with other staff and departments.
- To make sure that policies, procedures and the vision statement are followed and utilized at all times.
- Maintain bar and dining room miscellaneous supplies and notify management of low stocks for reorder.
- To ensure that all tasks set are completed in the time allocated and to the standard set by the company.
- To ensure that stations are clean and clear throughout the service.
- To report all comments/complaints/problems to the supervisor.
- To liaise with the department supervisor to ensure that the preparations and mise en place are correct and to the standard set by the company.
- To assist other staff in ensuring the outlet is ready for service as well as during service – teamwork.
- To ensure that service is discrete and efficient at all times.
- Undertake any other duties required.
Spectacular seaside views of Qawra Bay, bright indoor area, family-friendly environment and modern Mediterranean cuisine – this is what Luzzu Restaurant is all about. Pizzas, pasta, salads, grill dishes or gluten-free options for your dietary requirements – all prepared with the greatest care and consideration.
- A La Carte experience.
- Ability to interact positively and communicate well with supervisor, management, co-workers, and the public to promote a team effort and maintain a positive and professional approach.
- Ability to produce a high volume of work in a timely manner, which is accurate, complete, and of high quality.
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, to follow directions, to take constructive criticism, to get along with co-workers and supervisors, to treat co-workers, supervisors and members/guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behaviour.
- Should be able to work under pressure and also work in long or break shifts.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, managers, suppliers, and employees.
- Fluency in English.
- Be smart in appearance.