Hilton Malta is seeking to recruit a Conference & Events Assistant Manager
to join their Local Banqueting Team on a full-time basis. Leading a small team of sales professionals, the selected candidate will be responsible for local corporate events and social activities such as weddings and parties and will liaise closely with the local Banqueting Team on executing all Client requests to perfection.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Work with the C&E Team to drive sales activities, develop future and repeat business through proactive selling and commercial management sales techniques;
- Assist the C&E Director in managing the Team to achieve business objectives in local banqueting;
- Implement an effective selling strategy and ensure this strategy is understood and executed by all Team Members;;
- Receive and convert incoming enquiries to achieve targets and maximise revenue;
- Seek opportunities to increase sales and conversions within the Team;
- Manage an events schedule to maximise yield;
- Focus on a consistently executed up-selling approach;
- Build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs;
- Arrange and carry out Hotel show rounds;
- Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events;
- Participate in hotel promotional activities;
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the C&E Team in local banqueting.
- Demonstrated previous experience in a similar role, preferably within a five-star hotel environment;
- Proven commercial acumen;
- Ability to demonstrate negotiation and influencing skills;
- Effective management skills;
- Ability to manage conflict effectively;
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is required;
- Good knowledge of Maltese and another language will be considered an asset.
*Take a look at our beautiful property by clicking on this link; Hilton Malta Virtual Tour
As an oasis of Contemporary Living and Timeless Value, Hilton Malta has now established itself as the Island’s premier hotel. Ideally located within the award-winning Portomaso Yacht Marina, along the coast of the fashionable district of St. Julian’s, the hotel is just minutes away from all the major entertainment areas, attractions and sites Malta has to offer. A varied selection of Rooms and Suites offer the discerning traveller breathtaking views of The Mediterranean Sea or the Yacht Marina. The Hotel’s award-winning restaurants are considered to be amongst Malta’s finest eateries. With four outdoor pools, the Myoka Spa, the Living Well Health Club, a Water Sports Centre, A Scuba Diving School, The Portomaso Casino and much more, the Hilton Malta is the ideal resort for a relaxing holiday. Accommodation comprises 413 guest rooms & suites including non-smoking and interconnecting rooms, as well as rooms for guests with reduced mobility.