Rosselli AX Privilege in Malta is looking to recruit a Food and Beverage Supervisor/Sommelier to join their team on a full-time basis.
The main focus of this role is to achieve the highest standards in Food and Beverage service. The selected candidate will assist the Restaurant Manager and the Assistant Restaurant Managers in supervising the staff of all outlets so that the highest standards, presentation of food and bar service is achieved and maintained.
- Acknowledge the guest, hosting, answering the telephone according to the company standard, greeting and seating guests.
- Ensure a consistently high standard of service, provided by smart and well-trained employees who are directed and coached at all time.
- Deal with any guest who is complaining by adopting a caring and efficient manner and to follow up any cases reported by staff.
- Create and update the wine list in coordination with the Executive Chef and the Restaurant Manager.
- Recommend food and wine pairings.
- Advise guests on wines based on their personal tasted and food choices.
- Inform guests about different varieties of wine and prices.
- Ensure the wines are served at the right temperature and within the proper glassware.
- Store open bottles properly to maintain the strong taste.
- Manage the wine cellar and ensure it is fully stocked.
- Train the staff on the available wines.
- Organize menu tasting days or "wine of the month" events.
- Good Food and Beverage background, with a minimum of 2 years' experience working in a similar environment.
- Experience as a Sommelier/ Wine Steward or a similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of different wines and which regions produce each type.
- Knowledge of local vineyards and wineries.
- Understanding of the winemaking process.
- Have managerial and training skills to be able to motive and train a team of co-workers.
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Willing to go the extra mile and be committed to ensuring that the guests receive a pleasant, efficient and high level of service.
- Be able to speak fluent English; another European language will be considered as an asset.
- Availability to work during the weekend and public holidays.
- Flexibility to travel occasionally to meet with wine producers and visit wine-tasting events.
- Certification as a Sommelier or a degree in hospitality will be considered as an advantage.
Rosselli AX Privilege:
The latest addition to the capital city, Rosselli – AX Privilege, is the first 5-star luxury hotel in Valletta. Once the residence of a well-established goldsmith and philanthropist, the Rosselli house has always been brimming with historical detail. Its richness has been passed onto generations and it is still highly visible in today’s reformed luxury hotel. The Rosselli rooms depict elegance, sophistication and extravagance while also having an element of comfort, satisfaction and convenience. All the rooms have their own story to tell. We invite you to choose the story you want to relive? Luxury is also evident through the hotel’s services and facilities. As soon as you step inside the hotel, you will be treated with authority, distinction and greatness. A well-taken care of by your personal butler and making use of the hotel’s supreme facilities, Rosselli – AX Privilege is your home away from home.