AX The Palace in Malta is looking to recruit a Chef de Partie to join their team on a full-time basis.
To put guests as a priority and exceed expectations and follow all policies and procedures as set by the company.
- Contribute to the production, preparation and presentation of all food items to ensure the highest quality at all times.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations and interdepartmental working relationships.
- Conducts on the job training sessions for the kitchen demi chef de parties/commis cooks.
- To ensure the smooth running of the assigned section.
- Be responsible for the daily running of the allocated section.
- Prepare the mis en place for the coming functions.
- To work economically and minimize wastage. Senior chefs are to be made aware of any food that is going to be disposed of and to ensure that authorization is sooth prior to disposing of.
- To ensure that gas is shut down and fridges are locked at the end of the day.
- To maintain ongoing operational control to detect deficiencies, rectify to agreed standards if necessary and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- To scrutinize objectively outlet operating standards and react on guest questionnaire feedback.
- To use kitchen equipment with care and report deficiencies to superior.
- To maintain an eye for detail at all times either to spot operational difficulties and product innovation.
- To keep cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene are kept to the required standards.
- Possess high standards of cooking techniques and be innovative in his/her working approach.
- Able to work on his/her own initiative.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
- Has a minimum of 1 year working experience in a similar position will be considered an asset.
AX The Palace:
The Palace Hotel in Sliema is one of the top 5 star hotels in Malta. It is highly rated for its 5-star services, exquisite cuisine and impeccable organisation and surroundings. The Palace provides top services and facilities. The Palace is an eco-leading efficient high-class hotel in Malta. It adopts a modern façade that attracts travellers and locals alike. As soon as you enter one of the top Sliema hotels in Malta, you are greeted by a world of luxury, exquisite accommodation and excellence in service.