Job Vacancy: Sous Chef
Bondin Group in Malta currently has a number of exciting opportunities in the catering sector for current and future ventures. Our Sous Chef position will be at Don Berto Birgu, our first restaurant.
- Making sure that all safety and environmental protection regulations are followed;
- Taking care of all communication, standards, policies, and expectations are communicated to the team and then executed flawlessly;
- Ensuring all food is correctly prepared fresh, of the highest quality, to the correct recipe and in the correct quantity;
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus;
- Overseeing the kitchen staff as a middle manager;
- Being a “hands-on” supervisor who leads his/her team by example;
- Ensures development of team members through on-going training. Coaches team members immediately and professionally to minimize deficiencies and provide encouragement;
- Ensuring that all stocks are kept under optimum conditions;
- Ensures proper rotation, storage temperatures, and proper storing procedures are observed;
- Ensuring that supplies and inventories are readily available;
- Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food;
- Checks outlet(s) upon arrival to determine the status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues;
- Checks outlet(s) prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labelling.
Don Berto Limited:
Bondin Group operates a number of successful restaurants around Malta. Its aim is to provide the very best of hospitality by serving excellent food, in pleasant surroundings, served by happy, efficient staff. Bondin Group acknowledges the fact that its success is also attributed to the staff it employs. Thus, we invest time and attention to developing skills and knowledge, giving the opportunity for dedicated, ambitious staff to advance in their career.
- Team worker and takes initiative and decisions when not supervised;
- A good standard of education;
- Fluency in English;
- Previous working experience in this field;
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends.