Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort in Malta is looking to recruit a Head Chef
on a full-time basis.
Reporting directly to the Hotel Manager, the candidate will be accountable for the overall success of the daily kitchen operations and form part of our HOD team.
We are looking for a person who:
- Supervising all kitchen areas ensuring a consistently high-quality product is produced at all times;
- Maintaining all established hygiene practices in line with all HACCP requirements;
- Managing the kitchen brigade, facilities, and food cost to maintain the highest possible contribution;
- Monitoring overall product quality & regularly liaising with the purchasing team ensuring the highest standards are maintained;
- Designing and engineering the best possible menus;
- Interacting with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels;
- Assisting the F&B Manager with providing the best quality service at all times;
- Working to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction;
- Controlling food wastage;
- Guiding, developing employees and succession planning;
- Participating in the budgeting process for all areas of responsibility;
- Interviewing & maintaining the team within established manning & kitchen payroll budgets;
- Ensuring that training programs and training records are being implemented within each section of the kitchen and monitor any on the job training being carried out;
- Living and sharing the Uplifting Lives philosophy of Corinthia Hotels;
- Participating in the hotel’s duty management schedule.
Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort:
Ideally located at the edge of the sparkling Mediterranean, the Marina Hotel Corinthia Beach Resort is the perfect retreat for an island holiday. Overlooking the striking St George’s Bay and just moments from St Julian’s, Malta’s cosmopolitan hub, the hotel is conveniently located for exploring this sun-drenched island’s many attractions.
- Has previous experience within a 4 or 5-star environment;
- Has been responsible for various Food & Beverage outlets simultaneously;
- Displays pride in being the Hotel’s culinary ambassador;
- Displays excellent leadership skills and the ability to provide clear direction;
- Is able to work within a dynamic environment with a large team of people;
- Demonstrates honesty and integrity and leads by example;
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and customers;
- Portrays a professional image commensurate with the Company’s standard;
- Be fluent in English and any other European language;
- Be conversant with MS Office Applications.