Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Food & Beverage Server
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Food & Beverage Server
is responsible to provide an excellent overall dining experience for our guests.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Arrange table settings and maintain a tidy dining area;
- Communicate order details to the Kitchen Staff;
- Check dishes and kitchenware for cleanliness and presentation and report any problems;
- Carry dirty plates, glasses and silverware to kitchen for cleaning;
- Deliver checks and collect bill payments;
- Follow all relevant health department regulations;
- Greet and escort customers to their tables;
- Inform customers about the day’s specials;
- Meet with restaurant staff to review daily specials, changes on the menu and service specifications for reservations (e.g. parties);
- Offer menu recommendations upon request;
- Provide excellent customer service to guests;
- Present menu and provide detailed information when asked (e.g. about portions, ingredients or potential food allergies);
- Prepare tables by setting up linens, silverware and glasses;
- Serve food and drink orders;
- Take accurate food and drinks orders, using a POS ordering software, order slips or by memorization;
- Up-sell additional products when appropriate.
Hugo Chetcuti is the visionary behind Hugo’s Group. He started back in the 1980s when he opened his first music club in Paceville, St Julian’s. Today he owns various pubs, restaurants and entertainment places which give a major contribution towards the Maltese nightlife and entertainment industry. Hugo’s Group Company’s portfolio will expand further within the hotel industry with the opening of its first two Hotels in St. Julian’s. With the birth of Hugo’s Hotels, the Hugo’s Group will bring an unprecedented standard of hospitality in its class that will set new standards in the hospitality industry.
- At least 1-year experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to work a variable shift pattern;
- Ability to work with little supervision;
- Ability to multi-task with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to handle unexpected problems and provide solutions to challenges;
- Hands-on experience with cash register and ordering information system;
- Excellent presentation skills.