Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Chef
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Chef’s
primary responsibility is to assist with the preparation and cooking of ingredients and menu items as directed by the Head Chef.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Complete assigned tasks in an efficient and timely manner;
- Complete daily checks of all mis-en-place to ensure freshness and quality standards;
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive Guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues;
- Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations;
- Ensure the consistency in the preparation of all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards;
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment;
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards;
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions;
- Help to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation;
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage;
- Prepare ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices etc.);
- Put the effort in optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality.
Hugo Chetcuti is the visionary behind Hugo’s Group. He started back in the 1980s when he opened his first music club in Paceville, St Julian’s. Today he owns various pubs, restaurants and entertainment places which give a major contribution towards the Maltese nightlife and entertainment industry. Hugo’s Group Company’s portfolio will expand further within the hotel industry with the opening of its first two Hotels in St. Julian’s. With the birth of Hugo’s Hotels, the Hugo’s Group will bring an unprecedented standard of hospitality in its class that will set new standards in the hospitality industry.
- At least 1-year experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to work a variable shift pattern;
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team;
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes;
- Highly responsible & reliable;
- Knowledge of best cooking practices.