The Grand Hotel Excelsior in Malta is seeking a motivated and guest-centric Guest Relations Agent
to form part of its Guest Relations Team on a full-time basis. The role of this individual will be to provide a warm and welcoming service and create experiences for hotel guests.
- Checking allocated arrival rooms for VIPs, ensuring that they are up to standard and that amenities have been prepared;
- Maintaining guest history;
- Maximising effective guest contact;
- Analysing guest questionnaire scores;
- Meeting/greeting VIPs/Groups, and assisting with any queries/requests;
- Following up on guest complaints;
- Dealing with over-bookings in an effective and professional manner;
- Taking action on compliments and/or complaints received;
- Taking action on special requests;
- Monitoring activity in the lobby and public areas;
- Reviewing handover and taking appropriate action;
- Briefing front-line staff on guest queries and complaints;
- Maintaining guest information file;
- Compiling a daily report;
- Upselling hotel products, rooms and services to maximise profits;
- Being familiar with all hotel products and services, e.g. spa treatments, chauffer-drive service, restaurant opening hours schedule, etc;
- Ensuring familiarity with ongoing and upcoming events within the company.
Grand Hotel Excelsior:
The Grand Hotel Excelsior is a deluxe 5 star Spa Resort Malta situated within the sixteenth-century fortifications of Malta’s capital city, Valletta; a UNESCO World Heritage site. This Malta Hotel is within walking distance of the city centre, Valletta. As one of the superior Luxury Malta hotels, it embodies quality and style and commands the island’s premier waterfront location offering breathtaking sea views of Marsamxett Harbour and Manoel Island. At the Grand Hotel Excelsior, we strive to deliver superior service quality at all times. We aim to continuously exceed expectations and encourage all our team members to offer exceptional service to each of our guests. We strongly believe in the strengths of our team members, who have made the Grand Hotel Excelsior one of the leading hotels on the Island.
- A high level of self-motivation;
- The ability to work flexible hours and Duty Management shifts;
- Experience in complaint-handling;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications. Knowledge of the Brilliant Hotel Software will be considered an asset;
- Good command of English and any other European language, both written and verbal;
- Experience within a five-star Front Office environment will be considered an asset.