AX The Victoria in Malta is looking to recruit an experienced Commis Chef
to join their team on a full-time basis. To put guest care as a priority, with every effort being made to meet the guests’ needs with all comments/complaints being actioned, following procedures as laid down by the hotel policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the production, preparation and presentation of all food items to ensure the highest quality at all times. This also includes an employee restaurant
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations and interdepartmental working relationships
- To wear the correct uniform ensuring you are smart at all times
- To check the weekly schedule, arrive on duty on time, be punctual and be flexible to work when requested
- To adhere to the opening, service and closing procedures as instructed and established standards
- To continuously liaise closely with the immediate supervisor to ensure prompt and courteous service to all customers
- Maintains the mise en place as per requirements
- To store all food items accordingly, checking quality and rotation
- Be ready for any changes in the system, for improvement, be it the product or the service
- To work economically and minimize wastage. Senior chefs are to be made aware of any food that is going to be disposed of and to ensure that authorization is sooth prior to disposing
- To ensure that gas is shut down and fridges are locked at the end of the day
- To use kitchen equipment with care and report deficiencies to superior.
AX The Victoria:
Step into the world of this luxury 137 bedroom hotel with elegant rooms, extravagant spa facilities and multi-purpose conference halls with free Wi-Fi and underground parking facilities for your ultimate convenience. The Victoria Hotel revels in comfort and charm with the loyal staff’s help embracing a harmonious feeling of the home-like environment.
- Possess high standards of cooking techniques and be innovative in his/her working approach
- Able to work on his/her own initiative
- Willing to work flexible hours
- In possession of a valid food handlers licence
- Has a minimum of 1 year working experience in a similar position.