Catena Media is growing in size at their Malta Head Quarters (based in Gzira) and because of this, they are looking for a Kitchen Porter Intern
for the next 3 months to support their superstar kitchen team. Their kitchen on the 6th floor is the heart of the office and is both a busy and lively shared space for the whole company.
Scope of the job:
- Wash dishes manually and by using the dishwasher
- Collect and clean pots, pans and other kitchen equipment
- Maintain the kitchen work areas in accordance with HACCP regulations
- Store away crockery, cutlery and glassware and keep storeroom organised.
To do it, you will need:
- Keep kitchen floor clean by sweeping and mopping
- Empty bins when they are full
- Report any fault with equipment to the Head Chef
- Keep breakages down to a minimum
- Ensure the daily cleaning routes are followed
- Ensure that at the end of the day the kitchen is ready for the following morning shift
- When needed, be involved in food preparation.
What's in it for you:
- Experience working in a kitchen environment, i.e. a hotel or restaurant kitchen
- Preferably speak both Maltese and English
- Team player who wants to work as part of a team
- Takes initiative to sort out issues when they happen
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to learn quickly and follow instructions
- Understanding of hygiene and safety regulations.
Catena Media is an online lead generation company. We generate valuable traffic to our clients using various online channels. We aim to build market-leading web portals that best suit the needs of our client’s customers. We use our expertise to attract the desired leads and forward them on to our clients in the form of paying customers. To achieve these goals, we must know the target audience of our clients and understand how to reach them in the best way possible. This can, for example, be through websites, which we design specifically with complicated search engine optimization in mind, thereby reaching the leads that are most valuable to our clients.
- Duration: 3 Months
- Paid Internship
- Free smoothies/orange juice in the morning
- Free lunch
- Free coffee made by our in-house barista
- Free access to our office gym
- Experience working in a dynamic but fun environment.