Job Vacancy: Generic Chef - Commis Chef/Demi Chef/Chef de Partie
This stylish luxury hotel, Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay, is seeking to recruit an ambitious, determined and highly motivated Chefs who are willing to embark on a career in hospitality. The selected candidates will report directly to the Executive Chef and will support the Hotel’s kitchen department operation and production.
The candidate is expected to:
- Have a flair for the art of culinary production whilst maintaining the highest quality standards at all times
- Prepare relevant mis-en-place, prepare & produce à la carte dishes to specific recipes & methods
- Work in the larder, sauce and breakfast section of the kitchen
- Maintain set & established hygiene practices to comply with HACCP requirements
- Be able to work independently, with own initiative and interact with confidence and ease at all levels
- Portray a professional disposition
- Be able to work in a dynamic environment, be self-motivated and able to handle the pressure.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a valid Food Licence & HACCP Certification
- Have an eye for detail
- Ideally, hold an ITS Food Preparation & Production Diploma or equivalent.
Corinthia is a collection of hotels founded by the Pisani family of Malta in 1962. We are a family-inspired business, whose timeless family values underpin the Spirit of Corinthia. We like to treat and look after guests as if we were welcoming them back home. We also support and positively encourage one another so that our hotel teams around the world enjoy their work in an inspired yet warmly-spirited fashion. As a hotel business, we focus on giving honest, discreet service. We see ourselves as leading craftsmen in the world of hospitality, valuing authenticity, passion, precision and understanding in all we do. Each of the hotels and resorts we have created, in some of the most exciting places in the world, is a tribute to local architecture and cultural traditions.
- Welcoming and fun environment
- Meals on duty
- Health insurance
- Interesting career opportunity and professional growth.