The Dolmen Hotel Malta is currently looking to recruit a Banquet Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Banquet Manager
is to assume responsibility for supervising conference and banqueting operations with the aim of delivering an excellent service to the hotel’s customers throughout.
Reporting into the F&B Manager, the selected candidate will oversee all aspects of a banquet/conference including set-up, food presentation and serving as well as cleaning up of events area. The ideal candidate will maintain regular communication with customers, manage any queries in a timely manner and ensure the smooth running of all events.
Other duties include:
Candidates should be in possession of the following attributes to be shortlisted for this position:
- Maintain good lines of communication with the F&B Manager and Banqueting Manager;
- Plan, organize and supervise the daily operations;
- Delegate tasks to team members according to the approved plan;
- Conduct regular staff meetings to circulate the required information among team members and maintain a positive team spirit throughout the event;
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas;
- Maintain a high-quality standard of service;
- Co-ordinate with other departments on the delivery of services related to banquets and conferences.
The Dolmen Hotel:
The Dolmen Hotel (or Dolmen as most of us would call it) is owned by the Tumas Group a local family business who has been running hotels for 40 years. With 3 generations of experience, we have been setting new standards of hotels and service that exceeds most hotels in Malta. As a privately owned hotel, we are all about the personal approach so often missed in large hotel chains. For us, it’s the little things that make all the difference.
- A minimum of 1-year work experience in a similar role in the hotel industry;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Previous supervisory experience;
- Able to adapt to a flexible schedule, be highly motivated and committed to delivering a high level of service to customers;
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.