Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit an Events and Reservations Executive
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Events and Reservations Executive
is responsible for overseeing all aspects of event planning and management, including internal and external events, with experience in planning exhibitions and large business-to-business events.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Attend all meetings related to upcoming events
- Create event proposals which fit client requirements and present proposals by stipulated deadlines
- Develop and sustain a healthy business relationship with clients and source ways in which to increase growth including but not limited to sourcing new clients
- Delegate event planning tasks to other staff members where necessary
- Demonstrate to clients, strong knowledge of venues and offerings, and taking clients on tours of venue possibilities
- Liaise with the finance team on the collection of outstanding dues and the issuing of invoices
- Liaise with inbound requests from clients for private parties, corporate events, wedding functions, exclusive VIP seating and table reservations for all our venues
- Oversee organized events when and if possible
- Supervise administration requirements for the marketing department
- Sales closure and the distribution of full event/reservation details to all relevant department heads
- Work closely with management on how to correctly implement, monitor and create a fully functional reservation system within all of our venues
- Work alongside the respective dept/venue management for the organisation and set up of upcoming events
- Work directly under and reporting to the Marketing Manager on all aspects, especially relating to event organisation, sales and venue reservations.
Hugo Chetcuti is the visionary behind Hugo’s Group. He started back in the 1980s when he opened his first music club in Paceville, St Julian’s. Today he owns various pubs, restaurants and entertainment places which give a major contribution towards the Maltese nightlife and entertainment industry. Hugo’s Group Company’s portfolio will expand further within the hotel industry with the opening of its first two Hotels in St. Julian’s. With the birth of Hugo’s Hotels, the Hugo’s Group will bring an unprecedented standard of hospitality in its class that will set new standards in the hospitality industry.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a similar position
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to multi-task with the ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle unexpected problems and provide solutions to challenges
- Good telephone persona with a friendly and helpful demeanour
- Strong leadership and organisational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.