AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest in Malta is looking to recruit a Reservations Agent to join their team on a full-time basis.
To help customers with planning and booking reservations. Agents work with customers to plan out the duration of their stay and make sure that clients and guests receive a pleasant and efficient personalized service, through constant co-ordination with other departments so as to ensure the proper welfare of guests when in-house.
- To be conversant with the Opera Hotel computer system
- Ensures the accuracy of inputted information into the reservations system
- Immediately informs the Revenue Manager of any concerns relating to tight booking situations
- To liaise and collaborate with all departments concerned to ensure a smooth running of the operation
- To handle ‘no shows’ in accordance with the company standards and procedures.
- Ensure a systematic and orderly filing system of reservations correspondence and other papers and data
- To ensure effective networking and communication with outside bodies in order to inform them of room availability
- Ensures the accuracy of reservations and that they are taken in accordance with the hotel and company procedures
- To ensure that the necessary systems are in place in order to effectively deal with guests’ requests
- Handles telephone reservations queries/complaints in accordance with the company procedures
- Checks the following day’s arrivals and correspondence to ensure accuracy of information
- Ensures the upselling of rooms
- To ensure that the telephone standard procedures are adhered to.
- To take environmentally friendly initiatives such as using recycling paper for internal use
- Comply with Company Grooming Standards
- Comply with Time and Attendance Policies
- Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including:
- Being attentive to Guests
- Accurately and promptly fulfilling Guests requests.
- Anticipate Guests needs.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge which affects the Guest experience
- Demonstrating a ‘service’ attitude
- Taking appropriate action to resolve guest complaints
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
- Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your manager
- Manage all billing and invoicing activities related to room reservations, including invoicing travel agencies on a daily basis according to contract terms and conditions
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Revenue Manager from time to time.
- A good standard of education
- Fluency in English; another European language will be considered as an advantage
- Smart in appearance, highly organised, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience is not compulsory but will be considered an asset
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and take decisions when not supervised
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends and public holidays.
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed C.V. together with a covering letter.
AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest:
Our hotel Seashells Resort at Suncrest has been a leading 4-star hotel on the Maltese Islands since its very first days and has kept its tradition of hospitality within the AX group throughout the years. We decided that it was time to give the Qawra hotel a face-lift so during the winter months the hotel underwent an extensive renovation programme. Its doors re-opened again on the 1st of April 2015. The new face of the Seashells Resort at Suncrest, your number one resort for the individual, corporate and family travel.