This stylish luxury hotel, Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay in Malta, is seeking to recruit an ambitious, determined and highly motivated Speciality Sushi Chef who is willing to embark on a career in hospitality on a full-time basis. The selected candidate will report directly to the Head Chef and will support the Hotel’s kitchen department operation and production.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Culinary sushi production and maintaining the highest quality standards at all times
- Preparing relevant mise-en-place and producing à la carte dishes to specific recipes & methods
- Cooking guests' orders according to their preferences
- Selecting quality ingredients that will give dishes the best flavour
- Acting with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
- Maintaining set & established hygiene practices to comply with HACCP requirements.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have previous Sushi Chef experience
- Have good communication skills as well as a creative edge
- Be able to work on own initiative & under minimum supervision
- Be a team player
- Be able to work under pressure
- Have a valid Food License & HACCP Certification
- Portray a professional disposition
- Be able to work in a dynamic environment, be self-motivated and able to handle pressure
- Be flexible to work on a shift roster including; weekends, nights and Public holidays.
Corinthia is a collection of hotels founded by the Pisani family of Malta in 1962. We are a family-inspired business,whose timeless family values underpin the Spirit of Corinthia. We like to treat and look after guests as if we were welcoming them back home. We also support and positively encourage one another so that our hotel teams around the world enjoy their work in an inspired yet warmly-spirited fashion. As a hotel business, we focus on giving honest, discreet service. We see ourselves as leading craftsmen in the world of hospitality, valuing authenticity, passion, precision and understanding in all we do. Each of the hotels and resorts we have created, in some of the most exciting places in the world, is a tribute to local architecture and cultural traditions.
- Welcoming and fun environment
- Meals on duty
- Health insurance cover
- Interesting career opportunity and professional growth.