The Hilton Malta is looking to recruit an experienced Sushi Chef
on a full-time basis to join its culinary team.
- Create a rich sushi menu with various main ingredients and raw fish;
- Prepare all types of sushi, including maki, nigiri and sashimi;
- Select fresh fruits and vegetables to make high-quality dishes Add additional flavours to sushi rolls with ginger, rice vinegar, wasabi and soy sauce, when appropriate;
- Manage food prep activities, like boiling rice;
- Coordinate with our wait staff to ensure proper cooking, considering special requests and food allergies;
- Prepare appetizers, soups and salads that are close to the philosophy of Japanese cuisine;
- Monitor food stock and place orders, as needed;
- Recommend new, modern recipes;
- Maintain hygiene principles in all cooking areas and clean your space at the end of the shift;
- Working with an attention to detail to fulfil all orders within quality standards.
The Hilton Malta will subsidise all costs related to Employment Licence Applications, should this be required. All applications received will be acknowledged and treated in strict confidence.
As an oasis of Contemporary Living and Timeless Value, Hilton Malta has now established itself as the Island’s premier hotel. Ideally located within the award-winning Portomaso Yacht Marina, along with the coast of the fashionable district of St. Julian’s, the hotel is just minutes away from all the major entertainment areas, attractions and sites Malta has to offer. A varied selection of Rooms and Suites offer the discerning traveller breathtaking views of The Mediterranean Sea or the Yacht Marina. The Hotel’s award-winning restaurants are considered to be amongst Malta’s finest eateries. With four outdoor pools, the Myoka Spa, the Living Well Health Club, a Water Sports Centre, A Scuba Diving School, The Portomaso Casino and much more, the Hilton Malta is the ideal resort for a relaxing holiday. Accommodation comprises 413 guest rooms & suites including non-smoking and interconnecting rooms, as well as rooms for guests with reduced mobility.
- Work experience as a Sushi Chef or at an Asian restaurant;
- Good knowledge of various sushi types and sushi-rolling techniques;
- Ability to work both fast and accurately;
- Team spirit;
- Flexibility to take on various shifts.