Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Senior Chef de Partie
to join their team on a full-time basis. They are looking for a professional Senior Chef de Partie
to amaze the patrons of their establishment with excellent cooking according to the chef’s recipes and specifications.
The chosen candidates work will play an important factor. The ultimate goal will be to expand their clientele and reputation to ensure long-term success.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Enforce strict health and hygiene standards;
- Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations;
- Follow the guidance of the executive or sous chef and have input in new ways of presentation or dishes;
- Help to maintain a climate of smooth and friendly cooperation;
- Monitor and maintain consistent food standards and quality;
- Prepare ingredients that should be frequently available (vegetables, spices etc.);
- Put the effort in optimizing the cooking process with attention to speed and quality;
- To participate in the development and design of seasonal menus.
Hugo Chetcuti is the visionary behind Hugo’s Group. He started back in the 1980s when he opened his first music club in Paceville, St Julian’s. Today he owns various pubs, restaurants and entertainment places which give a major contribution towards the Maltese nightlife and entertainment industry. Hugo’s Group Company’s portfolio will expand further within the hotel industry with the opening of its first two Hotels in St. Julian’s. With the birth of Hugo’s Hotels, the Hugo’s Group will bring an unprecedented standard of hospitality in its class that will set new standards in the hospitality industry.
- At least 4 years’ experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to work a variable shift pattern;
- Ability to work to deadlines, with changing priorities and whilst remaining calm under pressure;
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills;
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under pressure;
- Culinary school diploma;
- Excellent use of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and processes;
- Good communication skills, with the ability to relate well with others;
- Good listening skills as well as verbal and written skills;
- Good interpersonal skills enabling the effective translation of problems into practical solutions;
- Self-motivated and an ability to work without close supervision and a tolerance for dealing with routine problems.