Our client, specialising in Healthcare Services in Malta is seeking to recruit a Chef de Partie to join their team on a full-time basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the subcontracted catering service contract to ensure that first-class food is provided;
- Ensure that the kitchen team offers the desired hospitality to help the clients;
- Daily procurement and ordering of kitchen items;
- Storage of kitchen food items including temperature control monitoring;
- Daily preparation of cooked breakfast items if required;
- Prepping, serving and cooking of food when deemed appropriate;
- Supporting the company in creating varied and nutritional menus;
- Maintaining the high level of cleanliness, and infection control, completing mandatory paperwork and adhering to HACCP and COSHH guidelines;
- Supervise and instruct Kitchen Staff Members in the use of all equipment and hygiene procedures, giving help and guidance where appropriate;
- Support on occasion for special events.
- Creative flair;
- Nutritional understanding;
- Leadership skills;
- Positive energy and natural ability to get along with people;
- Organised to meet service times.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Relevant experience with Textured and Modified Diets;
- Previous experience as a Chef De Partie;
- Basic food hygiene certificate and Catering qualification are considered as assets;
- Have a good understanding of Hazard Analysis Critical Points;
- Fluent in English;
- Knowledge of Maltese would be an asset.