AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest in Malta is looking to recruit a Butcher to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will requisition according to requirements, within agreed stock level parameters, all meat/fish and meat/fish products required by the establishment and ensure their correct and cost-effective use.
- To communicate and report to all above seniors;
- Preparing meat/fish in accordance with laid down procedures;
- Reducing meat/fish wastage wherever possible;
- Ensuring the availability of quality meat/fish for guests;
- Receiving deliveries of meat/fish and checking their content and hygiene;
- Ensuring a clean, safe, and organized work environment and that hygiene standard comply with company, statutory and all health, sanitation, and legal regulations;
- Cutting meat/fish in the assigned portion weight by the executive chef;
- Preparing poultry by cleaning, cutting and discarding inedible parts;
- To ensure that brines and marinades are changed regularly;
- Planning for seasonal changes and reacting accordingly;
- Cutting, boning and trimming meat/fish with the available equipment;
- Must ensure that the meat/fish mis en place is available in the best presentable way to the hot section chef;
- Ensuring that all meat/fish is handled and stored correctly;
- To ensure that red meat/fish is hung under optimum conditions;
- Preparing special cuts of meat/fish ordered by the chefs on duty;
- To issue meat/fish to the various kitchens as required, against a requisition docket only;
- Carrying out temperature checks on meat/fish and recording the readings accordingly;
- Using processing, fabricating and packing machines;
- Cutting and weighing steaks; preparing roasts, chops, stew cubes, and ground meat/fish;
- To check meat/fish stocks in refrigerators and freezers in terms of availability and condition;
- To ensure correct stock rotation, first in first out, at all times and make recommendations to the Head Chef when meat/fish cuts need using up;
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Safety;
- To ensure optimum security arrangements are in operation at all times;
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the direct manager;
- Co-operating with the team and members of management and be supportive and loyal to the company;
- Being familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures;
- The employee is also expected to perform any duties as per operations requirements as instructed by the Head Chef.
- A good standard of education;
- Fluency in English;
- Previous working experience in this field;
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and take decisions when not supervised;
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends.
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV.
AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest:
Our hotel Seashells Resort at Suncrest has been a leading 4-star hotel on the Maltese Islands since its very first days and has kept its tradition of hospitality within the AX group throughout the years. We decided that it was time to give the Qawra hotel a face-lift so during the winter months the hotel underwent an extensive renovation programme. Its doors re-opened again on the 1st of April 2015. The new face of the Seashells Resort at Suncrest, your number one resort for the individual, corporate and family travel.