This stylish luxury hotel, Corinthia Hotel St. George’s Bay, is seeking to recruit a Conference and Events Sales Executive who is an ambitious, determined and highly motivated individual who is willing to embark on a career in hospitality. This cluster role requires an individual with previous work experience within a similar work environment and will report directly to the Assistant Director of Sales - Events and Group Operations.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Researching and probing new companies for potential business;
- Organizing all functions and events from the first contact with the guest until the follow-up call after the function;
- Taking note of all guest requirements and providing recommendations considering the hotel’s facilities and services;
- Communicating with all hotel departments to ensure the success of each function and ultimately guest satisfaction;
- Meeting and entertaining potential clients and also clients having conferences and/or events in the hotel;
- Handling all mail, calls, visits, etc. to the attention of the Conference & Events department efficiently;
- Preparing offers and contracts for functions and negotiating agreements;
- Developing close business relationships with regular clients;
- Assisting in all matters pertaining to the operation;
- Attending the daily briefing meeting and other meetings as required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Ideally, have 2 years’ experience in a similar role and within a similar environment;
- Have experience in organizing and planning weddings and a flair for sales;
- Have good administrative skills, be computer literate and must be conversant with MS office applications & Opera;
- Have a good command of the English and Maltese language, both spoken and written;
- Be proactive and take initiative;
- Be logical, accurate and able to multi-task;
- Be well-organized and possess good time management skills;
- Be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines;
- Be customer focused and have a passion for customer service excellence;
- Have pride and attention to detail;
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude towards working patterns;
- Have a pleasant personality and professional disposition.
Corinthia is a collection of hotels founded by the Pisani family of Malta in 1962. We are a family-inspired business,whose timeless family values underpin the Spirit of Corinthia. We like to treat and look after guests as if we were welcoming them back home. We also support and positively encourage one another so that our hotel teams around the world enjoy their work in an inspired yet warmly-spirited fashion. As a hotel business, we focus on giving honest, discreet service. We see ourselves as leading craftsmen in the world of hospitality, valuing authenticity, passion, precision and understanding in all we do. Each of the hotels and resorts we have created, in some of the most exciting places in the world, is a tribute to local architecture and cultural traditions.
- Welcoming and fun environment;
- Meals on duty;
- Health insurance cover;
- Interesting career opportunity and professional growth.