Hilton Malta is looking to recruit a Chef Tournant
to join their culinary team on a full-time basis.
As a Chef Tournant, you will be responsible for:
Following are the requirement for this position:
- Leading and training the team;
- Assisting the Junior Sous Chef and Sous Chef on the daily operation of the business;
- Ensuring all food preparation meets standards & HACCP regulations;
- Complying with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation;
- Requisition for food needed for the preparation of all meals;
- Ensuring mis-en place meets business needs through the effective management of production;
- Supporting the brand standards through the guidance of the senior team;
- Managing food cost controls to contribute to the targets established by the management;
- Managing the kitchen brigade effectively to ensure a well-organised and motivated team;
- Knowledge of activities in other departments.
- Institute of Tourism Studies (ITS)graduate or similar;
- Previous experience in a fine dining restaurant, Michelin/rosette or 5-star property;
- Previous experience as a Chef de Partie (minimum 3 years) or as a Chef Tournant (Minimum 1 year);
- Positive attitude;
- Good communication skills;
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service;
- Excellent grooming standards;
- Excellent planning and organising skills;
- Strong supervisory skills;
- Knowledge of culinary trends, innovative and creative;
- Relevant qualifications for the role.
All applications received will be acknowledged and treated in strict confidence.
As an oasis of Contemporary Living and Timeless Value, Hilton Malta has now established itself as the Island’s premier hotel. Ideally located within the award-winning Portomaso Yacht Marina, along the coast of the fashionable district of St. Julian’s, the hotel is just minutes away from all the major entertainment areas, attractions and sites Malta has to offer. A varied selection of Rooms and Suites offer the discerning traveller breathtaking views of The Mediterranean Sea or the Yacht Marina. The Hotel’s award-winning restaurants are considered to be amongst Malta’s finest eateries. With four outdoor pools, the Myoka Spa, the Living Well Health Club, a Water Sports Centre, A Scuba Diving School, The Portomaso Casino and much more, the Hilton Malta is the ideal resort for a relaxing holiday. Accommodation comprises 413 guest rooms & suites including non-smoking and interconnecting rooms, as well as rooms for guests with reduced mobility.