Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Bartender
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Bartender
will be responsible for serving patrons and providing an excellent guest drinking experience. The ideal candidate will be able to create classic and innovative drinks exceeding customers’ expectations.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Assess bar customers’ preferences and making recommendations;
- Clean bar equipment and wash glasses;
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations;
- Interact with customers, taking orders and serving snacks and drinks;
- Mop floors and remove empty bottles and trash;
- Mix and prepare flavours for mixed drinks;
- Prepare alcohol or non-alcohol beverages for bar and restaurant patrons;
- Restock and replenish bar inventory and supplies;
- Replace empty kegs with full ones;
- Stock refrigerating units with wines and bottled beer;
- Stay guest focused and nurture an excellent guest experience.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience as a bartender;
- Ability to meet physical demands of the position, including standing and lifting heavy items for extended periods of time;
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and public holidays as needed;
- Able to keep the bar organized, stocked and clean;
- Basic knowledge of menu items, including beers, wines, cocktails, and liquors;
- Basic math and computer skills;
- Courteous, friendly personality and professional appearance;
- Excellent knowledge of mixing, garnishing and serving drinks;
- Good communication skills and the ability to handle tense situations with customers calmly and rationally;
- Must be able to work well in a team;
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills.
Hugo Chetcuti is the visionary behind Hugo’s Group. He started back in the 1980s when he opened his first music club in Paceville, St Julian’s. Today he owns various pubs, restaurants and entertainment places which give a major contribution towards the Maltese nightlife and entertainment industry. Hugo’s Group Company’s portfolio will expand further within the hotel industry with the opening of its first two Hotels in St. Julian’s. With the birth of Hugo’s Hotels, the Hugo’s Group will bring an unprecedented standard of hospitality in its class that will set new standards in the hospitality industry.