AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest is currently looking to recruit a Guest Relations Officer to join their team on a full-time basis. Being a liaison between the guest and the hotel the Guest Relations Officer helps the hotel deliver to a standard expected by the different guests. The Guest Relations Officer is the direct contact person for the guests, dealing with their special requirements and complains which may arise and making sure that the guests feel welcome and well cared for at any time during their stay.
- Understanding of hotel operation including different departments and various outlets and explaining to guests;
- Attend to particular reservation enquiries and feedback;
- Extend professional customer service, including providing attention to guests, addressing and resolving guests’ concerns whenever necessary to attain customer satisfaction and retention;
- Provide operational and administrative support to the management and service team for smooth day-to-day operation;
- Informs other operating departments, notably Housekeeping and Food & Beverage, on matter which concern them;
- Establish and maintains effective employee relations in various departments;
- Promotes Inter-Hotel sales and in – house facilities;
- Checks VIP rooms for amenities;
- Regular welcome comes to guests with special attention to VIP guests;
- Liaison with senior management of special guest related problems and seeking a solution;
- Handles guest complaints and refers them as necessary.
- Follow- up on corrective action;
- Inspect cleanliness & amenities of room guests for special guests prior to arrival;
- Schedules and attends daily guest cocktail parties in aim of enhancing rapport with guests;
- Reviews VIP lists to check room allocations, amenities, and special requests;
- Prepares requisitions for amenities on a timely basis;
- Perform related duties and special projects as assigned such as daily cocktail party;
- Monitor maintenance reports and liaising between guests and department;
- Daily welcome calls to new guests;
- Room and board basis upgrades – explaining to guests the different possibilities;
- Follow up of guest complaints;
- Daily/weekly/monthly reporting;
- Daily issuing of guest complimentary amenities and liaison with various departments;
- Aim and reach to hotel’s preset expectations on Holiday Check, TripAdvisor and similar sites;
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures;
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the direct manager;
- Being familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures;
- The guest relations officer may have to work on weekends and public holidays;
- Split shifts will also be included in the weekly roster;
- The employee is also expected to perform any duties as per operations requirements as instructed by the Sales & Marketing Manager.
- A good standard of education;
- Fluency in English; another European language (German, French, Italian) will be considered as an advantage;
- Previous working experience in this field;
- Able to work on his/her own initiative and take decisions when not supervised;
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends.
AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest:
Our hotel Seashells Resort at Suncrest has been a leading 4-star hotel on the Maltese Islands since its very first days and has kept its tradition of hospitality within the AX group throughout the years. We decided that it was time to give the Qawra hotel a face-lift so during the winter months the hotel underwent an extensive renovation programme. Its doors re-opened again on the 1st of April 2015. The new face of the Seashells Resort at Suncrest, your number one resort for the individual, corporate and family travel.