Grand Hotel Excelsior in Malta is looking to recruit a talented and service-minded Stores Assistant
on a full-time basis to join their Stores Team. The selected candidate will be expected to fully uphold Company standards, in order to support our Purchasing and Stores department.
- Assisting in the ordering goods and supplies;
- Ordering all items through approved suppliers only, obtaining permission for ordering any items which are only available through an alternate source;
- Maintaining established max/min stock par level of all items under stores responsibility;
- Ensuring correct stock rotation to avoid wastage;
- Assisting Storekeepers to ensure that goods received are of the quality and quantity ordered and in accordance with the agreed price;
- Ensuring that all storage areas are clean and maintain high hygienic standards;
- Ensuring correct stock rotation;
- Ensuring that all issues are made against requisitions and that no items leave the storeroom without the appropriate documentation or signature;
- Informing the Purchasing Manager / Cost Controller of all instances of breakage and deteriorated or obsolete stock;
- Ensuring maximum security in storeroom areas, not allowing unauthorised persons to enter;
- Ensuring that timely and correct completion of all administration with respect to deliveries;
- Completing all documentation and taking necessary action in the case of non-delivery, over-pricing etc;
- Informing the management in case of spoilage or damage of items;
- Taking stock at prescribed intervals and carrying out the necessary administration.
Grand Hotel Excelsior:
GrandHotelExcelsior. As the premier destination among 5-star Valletta hotels, the Grand Hotel Excelsior is ideally located on the doorstep of a UNESCO World Heritage Site – the Capital City of Valletta, with all its major attractions, culture, art treasures, and historical architectural gems. This acclaimed Valletta Malta hotel prides itself in providing the discerning traveller with magnificent accommodation, breathtaking views of Marsamxett Harbour and Manoel Island, state-of-the-art meeting rooms, and an unforgettable dining experience. Its central position allows for easy travel to all parts of the Maltese islands.
- Self-motivated and responsible attitude;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications;
- Excellent command of English and any other European language;
- Good organizational skills;
- Good team-work skills.