Rosselli AX Privilege, Malta is looking to recruit a Commis Chef
on a full-time basis.
To assist with the preparation, service, ordering and control of food, cooked or uncooked, and ancillary items to agreed standards.
- To communicate and report to all above seniors and supports them in the daily operation and work;
- To prepare meals or foodstuffs according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie;
- To ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with new products, recipes and preparation techniques;
- The commis chef has to know how to store food at the right temperatures;
- To assists in the kitchen preparation and the buffet service area;
- The commis chef must use his training given and make use of it on the place of work;
- The commis chef must have the ability to control a buffet service area and keeping stocked and well presented at all times;
- To pack and wrap items for the outlet;
- The commis chef may serve as demi chef de partie in his absence;
- The commis chef is responsible for the cleanliness of his station;
- To maintain the hotel’s standards of health and safety;
- To control and check items of equipment and to control the food stock;
- The commis chef may work in various sections in the kitchens when assigned to them;
- The commis chef must present himself for work on time and well groomed;
- The commis chef must attend to all meetings and seminars as and when required;
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures;
- Being familiar with emergency and evacuation procedures;
- The employee is also expected to perform any duties as per operations requirements as instructed by the Head Chef.
- To be customer orientated;
- Good knowledge of English language;
- Previous experience in a similar position will be considered an asset.
Rosselli AX Privilege:
Serenely located within the walls of the busy capital city of Malta, Rosselli – AX Privilege is the first 5 star luxury hotel in Valletta. The former house of a reputable goldsmith and outstanding philanthropist, Casa Rosselli-Massa has been delicately converted into the magnificent 17th century Baroque Palazzo on 167, Merchants Street, Valletta. A flawless combination between traditional and contemporary, impeccable service, rich in history – there’s nothing quite like Rosselli – AX Privilege.