Hammett’s Macina Restaurant in Malta is looking to recruit an organised and experienced Breakfast Service Supervisor
to join their team on a full-time basis. The individual will be responsible for running the floor and ensuring that all of the restaurant’s food and beverage service standards are upheld to the highest degree. He/She must have the passion, dedication and vision to inspire our employees in providing the same standard of service in respect of quality and quantity ensuring consistency of brand standards and a high level of performance are met.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervises front of house staff during breakfast service;
- Communicates the restaurant’s vision to all team members and leads by example;
- Reinforces company values daily and fosters our culture and inspires the team with his/her exciting vision;
- Builds and maintains relationships with guests, team members and senior management alike; Follow food, bar and beverage procedures exactly;
- Shows leadership in creating a culture that revolves around the experience and enjoyment of F&B and customer service;
- Demonstrates high personal integrity, business ethics and takes every opportunity to promote the restaurant;
- Assists with training and development initiatives as well as coaching and performance management;
- Uses conflict/resolution and problem-solving skills;
- Assists with sales, managing inventory, budgeting and scheduling;
- Perform additional duties as assigned or required.
- Previous restaurant supervisory or management experience in a same and/or similar environment;
- Post Secondary degree or diploma in Hospitality an asset;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Ability to present and conduct briefings and meetings;
- Proven team building skills;
- Knowledge and passion for food and wine;
- Ability to build and nurture relationships with both guests and employees;
- Exceptional communication skills with all levels of the organization;
- Hands on and motivates by setting the service example by leading the way we interact with guests;
- All necessary documentation and permits in place for immediate employment.
As a company, we value relentless innovation and creativity! We provide advancement through training and development and our hands-on managers empower people and awaken ability through responsibility and respect.
Hammett's Macina Restaurant:
Unimaginable history seeps from the MaÄ‹ina’s ancient walls. Built almost half a millennium ago by the Knights of Saint John, the MaÄ‹ina has been a landmark for centuries, now hosting Hammett’s MaÄ‹ina Restaurant. Drawing on this history, the gastronomical concept is a take on the islands’ succession of powers with a modern representation of traditional Mediterranean culinary influences that date back to the Phoenician times. Like the Maltese language itself, the menu is a taste of history derived from the island’s Mediterranean-Semitic roots, with a contemporary twist, created using only the finest local, seasonal produce. The menu is constructed by a multi-award winning team, previously of the Villa Brasserie in St. Julian’s, led by talented Chef de Cuisine Andrea Marchetti, and directed by 21-time award winning Chef and restauranteur Chris Hammett.