AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest in Malta is looking to recruit a Chef Tournant
to join their team on a full-time basis. Being a direct link between the Head Chef & the Sous Chefs and his/her assigned production areas. Achieving the objectives through communication, organization and training.
- Ensuring that all safety and environmental protection regulations are followed;
- To ensure all communication, standards, policies, and expectations are communicated to the team and then executed flawlessly;
- Ensuring all food is correctly prepared fresh, of the highest quality, to the correct recipe and in the correct quantity;
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus;
- Overseeing the kitchen staff as a middle manager;
- Being a “hands-on” supervisor who leads his/her team by example;
- Ensures development of team members through on-going training. Coaches team members immediately and professionally to minimize deficiencies and provide encouragement;
- Ensuring that all stocks are kept under optimum conditions;
- Ensures proper rotation, storage temperatures, and proper storing procedures are observed;
- Ensuring that supplies and inventories are readily available;
- Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food;
- Checks outlet(s) upon arrival to determine the status of outstanding safety or equipment issues;
- Checks outlet(s) prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and properly storing and labelling.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar environment;
- Team worker and takes initiative.
AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest:
Our hotel Seashells Resort at Suncrest has been a leading 4-star hotel on the Maltese Islands since its very first days and has kept its tradition of hospitality within the AX group throughout the years. We decided that it was time to give the Qawra hotel a face-lift so during the winter months the hotel underwent an extensive renovation programme. Its doors re-opened again on the 1st of April 2015. The new face of the Seashells Resort at Suncrest, your number one resort for the individual, corporate and family travel.