Gasco Energy Ltd, Malta is looking to recruit a Health, Safety, Quality and Environment Officer (HSQE)
to join their team.
In this position, you will be reporting to the CEO and you will be working closely with the Plant Manager ensuring general HSQE
responsibilities and administration are adhered to.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with Occupational Health & Safety and Environment Regulations
- Identify training requirements of employees, subcontractors and regular clients
- Prepare, implement and regularly update risk assessments, safe work methods and procedures
- Maintain Quality Management Systems and ISO 9001 Certification
- Act as Company’s Quality Representative
- Act as Technically Competent Person for the purpose of the company’s Environment Permit
- Organise regular Safety Committee Meetings
- Deputise for Plant Manager in his absence
Education & Experience:
- A Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering - possession of an Engineering warrant will be given priority.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Maltese and English proficiency is required
- Good track record of Managing People
- Sound Computer skills
To all applicants please note that Konnekt Search & Selection is handling the recruitment process on behalf of Gasco Energy Ltd.
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to stay calm in stressful situations
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Ability to discuss, take direction and lead
- Approachable and a team player
Gasco Energy Limited is responsible for the importation, storage and bottling ofLiquified Petroleum Gas in Malta. The company is a joint venture between Multigas Limited and Liquigas SpA of Italy. The Gasco Consortium was chosen as the preferred bidder as a result of a competitive tender, issued by the Privatisation Unit within the Ministry of Finance, the Economy and Investment in 2008. Part of the obligations set out in the terms and conditions required Gasco to build and operate a new state of the art and fully certified LPG bottling and storage facility at Benghajsa with an investment of over Euro 25 million. The new storage and bottling plant had to be fully compliant with the EU stringent criteria. ESI was brought on board to design and deliver an integrated and fully automated Process Control and Safety System (Fire & Gas Detection and Emergency Shutdown Systems) for the new Gasco plant. This is one of the few Liquigas plants (in Europe) that is fully automated.