Our clients, a well-known organisation providing a range of safety and security systems to both commercial and domestic clients throughout Malta is currently looking to recruit a Health & Safety Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Health & Safety Manager
will be required to undertake responsibility for ensuring that a comprehensive health & safety management system is continually updated and monitored.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring a safe workplace both on client sites and at head office;
- Ensuring that all H&S policies, procedures, rules, and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated;
- Ensuring the company meets its statutory obligations in all health & Safety areas including welfare at work, training, and reporting;
- Ensuring the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations;
- Ensuring that any accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements are implemented;
- Ensuring the completion of safety inspections, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported; safety inspections, risk assessments, and lone working procedures are managed; and employees are aware of their responsibilities;
- Co-Ordinating the development of health and safety policies, systems of work and procedures;
- Ensuring full and accurate H&S records are maintained;
- Planning and auditing documented H&S inspections, audits, and checks;
- Establishing a structured programme of H&S training throughout the company; liaising with both internal and external training coordinators/consultants;
- Managing and devising agendas for H&S committee meetings; including charging and distributing minutes;
- Providing regular reports to the HR Manager, Directors/Senior Management on relevant H&S activities and processes;
- Liaising with suppliers as required;
- Generally increasing health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization and suggest effective measures on how to improve on the current system.
- Be excellent communicators (Maltese speaking will be an asset but not essential);
- Have proven ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Demonstrate a clear history of undertaking a similar role (preferably minimum of 3 years in Health & Safety);
- Show a sound knowledge of local health & safety regulations Preference will be given to individuals holding NEBOSH Certification and / or who are registered with OHSA.
*This is an excellent opportunity for a Health & Safety professional to join a forward-thinking organisation. Please contact Ami Baird at Ably Resources for full details.
Ably Resources Limited:
At Ably Resources we provide the best available talent in the UK and across the globe. Whether it's the placement of one individual or the mobilisation of a whole project team, we can guarantee you a professional and highly skilled response to your requirements. Our aim is to deliver the best possible solutions, so we will make sure we fully understand the nature of your work-scope, the key issues and the complexities. We will then strive to meet your needs as quickly, and as cost-effectively, as possible. We can provide staff at all levels, from skilled trades to any office support staff, middle and senior management and director level across many disciplines. We're based in Glasgow, but we have absolutely no geographical restrictions. We currently supply clients throughout the UK and worldwide. Nor do we have any restrictions on our client-base, which currently ranges from small independent firms to global multi-nationals. We deliver complete recruitment solutions from advertising, sourcing, shortlisting, selection and full candidate back-up. In addition, we offer security and medical screening, credential verification and referencing. Through innovative web-based attraction and recruitment solutions combined with our extensive database and contact pool, we are confident in delivering a quality choice. Ably Resources ambitious aims are to deliver recruitment services to its clients wherever and whenever their requirement arise.