STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Health & Safety Engineer
to join their team on a full-time basis. The selected candidate will be
responsible for the Health & Safety function within the Malta plant. This role involves the implementation of legislative and corporate requirements.
The Duties that the job holder shall be responsible for shall include:
The ideal candidate shall possess the below skills and qualification/s:
- Maintaining a high standard of Health and Safety in the ST Malta Plant;
- Safeguarding the health and safety of all personnel in the Plant;
- Maintaining awareness amongst all personnel working in the ST Plant (including subcontractors) and promoting adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures;
- Monitoring the provision and use of all safety equipment in the Plant;
- Providing technical guidance in relation to H&S matters;
- Implementation of corporate initiatives related to H&S;
- Managing the company clinic and the company’s health program;
- Reporting as per site management and corporate requirements;
- Leading the H&S technicians to achieve the site’s H&S objectives.
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering;
- A qualification in Health and Safety;
- 3 years of working experience in a similar role, preferably in a manufacturing company;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills to explain H&S processes to a range of people and carry out group presentations;
- The ability to convince managers to implement and maintain H&S standards;
- A collaborative and flexible approach to work;
- The ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately;
- Ability to use O365 tools for digitization and automated reporting;
- An investigative mind and capable of working on multiple tasks, being proactive and seeking new ways on how to optimize processes;
- The ability and pedagogical aptitude to learn and teach;
- Attention to detail;
- Very good knowledge of health and safety legislation to understand and implement both local and EU regulations.
Ref # 6555
STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd:
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented. The Company has served more than 100,000 customers worldwide.