Apex Community Care Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit experienced and qualified Nurses to join their team on a full/part-time basis. This role will be taking place in a school setting.
The primary responsibility will be to provide health services to students when they are at school by treating injuries and manage acute sicknesses or support students with chronic illnesses. Promote care by educating students on how to avoid communicable diseases and having proper hygiene.
The ideal candidate is to have:
- Provide basic healthcare to students in case of injury or acute illness;
- Develop health plans for students with chronic illnesses and disabilities;
- Educate students and staff on healthy habits, such as proper nutrition and hygiene;
- Detect health problems in early stages through regular screenings;
- Keep track of students’ vaccination records;
- Update students’ medical history;
- Ensure the school environment is safe for children and school staff (e.g. prevention of communicable diseases);
- Write referrals for paediatricians and other health specialists;
- Ensure compliance with national and local health laws;
- To help to maintain a safe environment for staff, residents, clients, and visitors through awareness of Fire and Health and Safety policies;
- Liaise with clients to ensure quality services levels are being achieved;
- To undertake any other duties, as required, to keep the Nursing School/Client as needed;
- Ability to work flexibly;
- Observe ethical issues;
- Promote good communication within the company.
- Applicants must have a valid registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Malta;
- Applicants with a driving licence would be given preference;
- Proficiency in the English language. Ability to speak in the Maltese language would be considered an asset;
- Driving Licence B would be considered an asset;
- Clean police conduct.
Apex Community Care Ltd:
Apex Group Ltd was launched in 2012 as Apex Community Care Ltd, with the vision of being a one-stop-shop offering care services within the healthcare industry by providing excellent holistic and professional care to meet all its clients’ requirements. Apex Community Care has qualified general practitioners and physicians, state registered nurses, carers, babysitters and child carers who can attend to a variety of care needs. Our specialisation lies in community care services, respite care, palliative care, management of elderly homes, home nursing services, industrial/occupational health clinic management, phlebotomy and vaccine administration services, medical doctors for sickness verification, port screening, and as well as babysitting and childminding.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to communicate with children, their parents or guardians, and teachers;
- Interest in promoting children’s wellness;
- Customer-care oriented;
- Attends to detail;
- Delivers excellence;
- Builds relationships.
- Team player;
- Problem solver;
- Monitors, measures, and reports information;
- Time management;
- Ability to work flexibly;
- Develops continuously;
- Builds the brand.