Alberta in Malta is looking to recruit a Health and Safety Manager to join their team on a full-time basis.
Responsible for ensuring the design, implementation, monitoring and review of a comprehensive health and safety management system for Alberta Group (including selected subsidiaries) with the overall scope of preventing unsafe acts, injuries and ill health.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risks to health;
- Ensure that all health and safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated;
- Ensure the company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including the necessary training and reporting;
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations;
- Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements are implemented;
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities;
- Co-Ordinate the development of health and safety policies, systems of work and procedures;
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety records are maintained;
- Establish a full plan of documented H&S inspections, audits and checks;
- Establish a structured programme of H&S training throughout the company;
- Liaise with the company training coordinator as well as necessary external health and safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services;
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the H&S committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines;
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business;
- Provide regular reports to the HR Manager, Directors/Senior Management on relevant H&S activities and processes;
- Participate in meetings when required to report on relevant H&S matters;
- Liaise with suppliers i.e. insurers, solicitors etc;
- Increase health and safety awareness at all levels within the organization and suggest effective measures on how to improve our current system;
- Respond to employees’ safety concerns.
- Excellent written and communication skills in both Maltese and English;
- Good Problem-Solving Skills;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Ability to lead the companies' different departments to achieve EHS objectives.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in health and safety;
- Diploma/Degree in health and safety or Environmental Science;
- Sound knowledge of local health and safety legislation;
- Preference will be given to candidates with NEBOSH Certification;
- Preference will be given to candidates registered with OHSA;
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in health and safety in installation and maintenance and M&E or similar environments.
Alberta exudes passion and continually strives to assist people within its field of competence – fire and security. The company’s hallmark has always been one of excellence, with an unerring and consistent benchmark. Whilst continually striving to get things done properly and with due diligence, client safety and security always comes first. Alberta designs and provides the protection which clients require and feels privileged to have played a key role in offering security to clients’ families, homes and businesses in Malta and internationally.